HP has unveiled Split x2 Windows 8 tablet/ laptop hybrid, similar to the HP Envy x2 introduced last year.
The Split x2 is an upgrade on the Envy x2 in many ways. Instead of the Atom processor, the x2 comes with an option of 3rd Generation Intel Core i3 or i5 processors. The 11.6-inch has become a 13.3-inch screen, though the resolution remains the same at 1366×768. HP Split x2 comes with up to 128GB SSD storage.
The HP Split x2 will join the HP Envy x2 and the Android-based SlateBook x2 – announced alongside the HP Split x2 – as part of HP’s detachable PC portfolio.
Split x2 is expected to be available in the United States in August with a base price of $799.99. No word yet on India price and availability.
HP Split x2 specifications
• 13.1-inch 1366×768 display
• Intel Core i3 or i5 processors
• Up to 128GB SSD storage, Plus 500GB storage in keyboard dock
• 2GB RAM
• 8-megapixel rear camera
• 1080p front-facing camera
• MicroSD reader, Combo audio jack, •1xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, SD Card slot, •HDMI (in keyboard dock)
• 802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth
• Beats Audio with dual-speakers
• 9.05×13.38×0.92 inches
iGeekz: your simple tech central